- As a reminder, PP LIVE Dollars are a currency that allows you to easily and effectively manage your live event bankroll. Players earn the currency in designated partypoker satellites and use it to buy into live poker tournaments. That’s any Playground tournament, including the upcoming WSOP-C, but also any partypoker LIVE tournament, travel expenses to attend these Events, and even on partypoker LIVE tournaments and satellites on partypoker! If you haven’t started hoarding them, do so without delay! With the WSOP-C Playground coming up with 7 ring events, you will want to put those PP LIVE Dollars to good use! We’re talking $11K Freeroll, $50K Last Longer and the ability to have a wallet designated to live tournament buy-in money, which you can beef up by deep-running online satellites from the comfort of your home! How much of this currency could you win? Well, partypoker …
- At Playground Poker Club, the month of July came with a very exciting novelty, known around the world under Six-Plus Hold’em, Short Deck Poker or Short Deck Hold’em. We first introduced it under the name SIX-PLUS, which we felt was the most descriptive appellation. Some players, however, felt that it created unnecessary confusion with the 6-Max tournament, which incidentally runs on the same night. We always keep an ear out for player feedback. The tournament staff communicated your comments, and moving forward, the event will be listed under the more broadly used name, “Short Deck Hold’em”. The game’s action-inducing properties …
- The WSOP-C Playground is approaching fast. The festival gets underway in just 38 days, and many players are already working towards a low-cost participation, but some – 10 to be exact – will get to enjoy a no-cost participation! How? Playground Poker Club, in an effort to offer as many players as possible the opportunity to play the iconic circuit, has placed an $11K Freeroll on the tournament schedule, where 10 X $1,100 Main Event seats will be awarded! The way to qualify for this Freeroll is very simple: all you need to do to participate is buy into any …
- Were the supposed effects of Friday the 13th just delayed a couple of days? For one player on Table 12, it definitely seems to have been the case – but that turned out to be a good thing! The rest of the players on the table definitely seemed to agree. The table was a $2/$5 table. Preflop action was pretty standard, with a raise to $35 and two callers – three players went to the flop. The flop was dealt: The first two players to act checked, then the player in the cutoff bet $60. Both of the other players …
- Today is Friday the 13th, the unluckiest day on the calendar! According to some, this superstition has its roots in the Christian religion. On a Friday, they say, 13 men shared a meal on crucifixion day – the Last Supper. In the Middle Ages, most European people avoided new beginnings on a Friday. No weddings, no travel. Today, when the 13th of the month falls on a Friday, many Americans still refuse to fly or to buy. In 2004, it was estimated that between $800M and $900M were lost on Friday the 13th because people would not do the business …
- Almost 4 months ago, we launched a completely new playgroundpoker.ca website. The new site features easier navigation, simpler tools, and an overall better experience for our customers. Since it went live, our programming, design, and editorial teams have been working on the development of new features on the site to make it easier to use and more effective for players, including everyone from daily grinders, to weekend players, to event players who stay informed from afar. The latest addition is a new tournament countdown clock that appears on the main page of playgroundpoker.ca, allowing players to know exactly how much …
- Montreal’s (and Laval’s) own Chanracy Khun has progressed to Day 6 of the WSOP Main Event in Las Vegas! There are just 109 players left – just 1.4% of the total field – and with 4,830,000 chips, Chanracy starts the day in 33rd place on the leaderboard. Being in the last 109 players in the Main Event is impressive – but this is ground Chanracy has traveled before. His second-biggest score in poker came in 2014 when he exited in 69th place in this event for $103,025 – a feat he’s no doubt hoping to improve upon this year. Chanracy …
Let’s start the festivities by saying I love playing tournament poker! I caught the bug 15 years ago and my addiction is as strong as ever. Like many of the reviewers here I’ve played in several casinos across North America and therefore couldn’t wait to set foot in what appears to be the mecca of the poker world. I’m pleased to say, in general my high expectations were met - My MVP Award goes to…the incredible dealers! What makes a great poker experience? For some, it’s free meals and booze. For others, it’s beautiful waitresses. For me, it’s how many hands I can play per orbit in a tournament — especially when the blinds are 20 minutes! Playground Poker Dealers r professionals. They’re fast, efficient and extremely competent. It was certainly a pleasure to play with dealers who excel at what they do. Added bonus; bilingual poker! Dealers translate quickly and with ease the actions of French players at the table. Very pleasant and interesting having both languages spoken at the table - #Merci The big caveat at both of my tournaments was the extremely slow food and drink service. The service was so slow it became a huge annoyance and distraction. Dealers were trying their best to appease the mounting frustration at the table. It’s strange a snafu of this magnitude happened during such a busy period i.e. Power Weekend/Canada Day Holiday. You would think the person scheduling the number of waitresses would add more people on the floor not less. In regards to customer service from the front desk and floor supervisors, the ones I interacted with were courteous. No more, no less. A cashier I encountered was very rude to me not once but twice. Their is a vibe of our sh** doesn’t stink in the air but I guess c’est la vie! Speaking of which, the ladies washrooms r very dark. A few more lightbulbs would be appreciated. Considering I’m a paying patron, the only person who actually made me feel like they appreciated my business was not from the Playground staff, but from a group of habitual players - a reg. His spidey sense immediately alerted him I was a new player. Even tho the purpose of his banter was to determine how big a fish I was, it was nice to encounter someone who made me feel welcome. Inside the room, security is visible. It’s a nice feeling to know if something would go off the rails, these guys would control the situation in no time flat. Outside, I was a bit more on guard. The parking lot is too dark. Spending money on lights, asphalt for the gravel part and noticeable security personnel would be a great idea. Looking forward to play more tourneys at Poker Playground!
19:50 18 Jul 18
The best poker club I have ever been to. The service is amazing, game selection is perfect, the food is great and their chips are super nice to play with!! If you are a pro I would definitely recommend hitting the 5/5 games there
21:51 28 Jun 18
The Rail restaurant has a good breakfast and reasonably priced. I have been there for lunch it was very good and very reasonably priced. The service is good.
23:24 28 May 18
Probably the best run poker room in the world. I have played extensively worldwide. Great atmosphere, great dealers, great staff in general as well as a super management. It truly is made for players. I might move to Montreal :)
Michael Kure Larsen
04:14 02 May 18
One of the best poker clubs in North America. Good food, free drinks, nice people and all the waitresses look like models. Huge parking and up to 50 tables inside. Massage service at the tables for 1$/min. Valet parking avalable as well.
01:07 19 Apr 18
This is a true Poker player's paradise. The staff are so friendly & professional, the food is incredible, and the overall atmosphere is just unmatched. You could be a platinum card holder in any Casino and not get the excellent treatment Playground Poker Club offers each and every one of their players... Hands down the best experience you could ask for!
11:39 28 Feb 18